My sixth published book will be my first picture book. Lyric McKerrigan, Secret Librarian is the tale of a librarian who steps in to battle evildoers when the world’s best secret agents aren’t up to the task. It will be out from Clarion Books in 2018, with illustrations by Eisner winner and Caldecott honoree Vera Brosgol.
I don’t have any art that I can share yet but Vera is absolutely brilliant, so trust me: it’s going to be great!
In addition to my books, I’ve written a number of short pieces. Here are some of them. (Note that they’re generally for grownups.)
- My work in The New Yorker
- Eugene, a science-fiction story about a police officer with dog DNA
- Eugene, in audio form, read by Tim “ShoEboX” Crist
- Golden Boy, in which a team of thieves pulls off a heist at the Academy Awards, in full view of a billion people
- Me And Jay-Z, my article about why I chose to change my name when I got married, and how that makes me exactly like charismatic superstar Jay-Z.
- Toddler Court, my proposal to hand our justice system over to four-year-olds.